To complete most of the official work in India, having an Aadhar card is one of the most important documents that people can have on them at all times. However, earlier it wasn’t always easy to carry an Aadhar card because of its size.
Now, bringing in a much-needed change in the same, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) last year introduced a new Aadhaar, which is much smaller, portable, and more durable. All the new Aadhar cards are now reprinted on this compact version of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) cards.
These Aadhar cards look just an ATM cards and are easier to carry even in one’s wallet. It also comes with many features such as a hologram, guilloche pattern, ghost image, micro text, water protection.
There are two ways to issue a PVC Aadhaar card. The first method requires you to visit the official UIDAI website. The second method involves scanning the Aadhaar QR code along with the post.
UIDAI will then charge Rs 50 for the Aadhaar card, which is delivered via Speed Post.
Here is a step by step guide on how you can order your PVC Aadhaar card: 1. Go to the official UIDAI website: https://uidai.gov.in/
2. Head to My Aadhaar section and click on “Order Aadhaar PVC card”.
3. On the next page, enter your 12 digital Aadhaar card number or 16 digits virtual ID or 28 digit EID.
4. Verify your details with an OTP verification
5. After OTP verification, you will be able to preview your Aadhar PVC card
6. Pay Rs 50 on the next page to complete your order.
Read Original News at – DNA